An accident caused by falling from a height is very common in the construction industry. It mostly occurs due to a lack of height safety equipment used, carelessness, and using defective equipment etc. In fact 81% of the accidents occur due to the ladder slipping. The ANKAme temporary / permanent ladder bracket is designed to provide a secure attachment for accessing a roof or wall via a ladder. It puts a stop to the movement of the ladder in any direction. The ladder bracket is fastened to the roof or wall which provides access to the roof or wall via a ladder. It also helps avoid damaging gutters, cladding etc. The special feature i.e. offering a sturdy and safe position for exit and entry onto the roof helps to avoid potential injuries at the worksite.
How to Install a Temporary Ladder Bracket on a Metal Roof:
- First, remove the existing roof screws beneath the edge of the roof at the intended location.
- Then, place the bracket on the surface of the roof sheeting.
- Now, re-install x2 of the existing roof screws through the ladder bracket and into the roof sheeting, make sure the screws penetrate into the timber or steel structure through the roof sheet and beneath the roof.
- For temporary installation, a minimum of 2 12x50mm roof screws with neoprene washer is used
Watch how a roof worker installs a temporary ladder bracket onto a metal roof, and in just 18 seconds:
How to install a Permanent ladder bracket on a metal roof
- Place the bracket on the surface and edge of the roof sheeting.
- Now install x4 of the of the new roof screws through the ladder bracket and into the roof sheeting
For permanent installation, a minimum of 4 12x25mm roof screws with neoprene washer is used
Watch how a roof worker installs permanent ladder bracket onto a metal roof in just 20 seconds.
How to install a Permanent/ Temporary ladder bracket on an external wall
- Place the bracket on the surface of the wall
- Now install x2fixings in either side of the ladder access bracket, use specified fastenings and follow user guide
For permanent/ temporary installation, a minimum of x2 50 X 8mm anchor bolts into concrete are used.
Watch how a roof worker installs permanent/ temporary ladder bracket onto external wall.
ANKAme temporary / permanent ladder access bracket complies with AS/NZS 1657:2018. It must be used and installed by a competent person. Our product comes with four hex head screws and installation guide. It is constructed with 5mm durable and high-grade aluminum plate to support a ladder, to avert the sideways and downwards movement and hold the ladder in a safe place. It also has securing points to attach the ladder, offering a safe access point.
Key features of temporary & permanent ladder access bracket
- Compatible for metal roofs or walls, steel, masonry structures and concrete roofs or walls.
- Aligns to roof screws profiles and patterns
- Compact in designs
- Lightweight and durable ( 1kg )
- User install user friendly
- Can be used by any competent person
- Comes with fastenings ( permanent fix )
A competent person is required to install a ladder bracket. Thus, the manufacturer or distributor is not responsible for the wrong installation of the products. Workers must be aware of the height safety products, working at height regulations which are relevant to Australian standard.